Low Self-Esteem, Lacking confidence, or drive? Try these:
1. Take time for yourself: ‘me time’ as I like to call it is very important for us all. This ‘me time’ is sacred though, it is not a time to wash to dishes, hoover the house or watch TV. It is not even time to read facebook and novels. No, ‘me time’ is a few moments once or even better twice a day to help you centre your energy. Get clear in your head, breathe deeply and honour your space and time. Just you. Inn this time: Meditate, Breathe, Pray, or talk to your Angels. Whatever it is it is a sacred moment just for you.
2. Get active: a busy physical body helps to pump the body with endorphins, this makes us feel better, benefits us to be more productive and gives us energy and confidence to get out there. Win Win! Do yoga, swimming, a nice brisk walk breathing in the deep fresh air, a jog or a spin class is brilliant too.
3. Heart Healing: Recognize your heart space and understand the limitless power that is within you. You can heal through your heart space, stop looking for outside quick fixes. The real healing and cure is to know who you are and the love all that you are. Set your intention and believe in yourself and your heart healing potential.
4. Structure: Learn to trust your every move and be responsible for your actions and reactions. Have self-discipline and make the time for you. Without you what is your life about. Create some structure to your day or week. Set goals, have a timetable that is realistic, obey your natural boundaries (that is if you know something will drain your energy then quit before you are out of steam). Structure and self-discipline are massively valuable to your confidence and productivity.
5. Laugh: make time to laugh! Again a great one for rushes of endorphins and oxytocin (the happy hormones). These are wonderful at keeping us radiant and healthy. Our cells actually need happiness to function, this light hearted action of giggling and laughing can uplift the entire nervous system and have a knock on effect on our health – yay – let’s get giggling!!!
If you are looking to improve your wellbeing and self-esteem then pause and check out if you are looking after yourself. Looking after yourself doesn’t mean stopping your job or giving up on people. Make time to check in, listen to where you are. Trust your instincts and respect your boundaries. Giving yourself as little as 15 mins in the morning and evening is going to make a difference. Adding structure and boundaries so you have more time will impact your life and your health. This time gives you the opportunity to develop our awareness and awareness of yourself allows you to navigate through life with a little more ease.
This all sounds like a lot of tough work but really we have all just become too dependent on others and outside cures that never really allow us to find the root of our suffering. It just hides it under the rug. Acceptance is a big key and this is followed by LOVE – Love yourself, warts and all!!