By choosing to think and say positive affirmations, the subconscious is forced into one of two reactions – avoidance or re-evaluation. The bigger the issue the bigger the gap between the positive affirmation and the perceived inner truth and the more likely that you are going to experience resistance.
This is where the subconscious finds it easier to stay with its perceived inner truth and avoid the challenge using any means at its disposal to avoid examining the issue.
Continually repeating affirmations with conviction and passion will chip away at even the strongest resistance. Affirmations need to be continuously repeated in order that change the neurological pattern. Recommended to repeat up to 500 times a day for the first 3-5 days.
It eventually reprograms the subconscious mind and you start to believe the positive affirmation and this then brings more positivity into your life. Because affirmations actually reprogram your thought patterns, they change the way you think and feel about things, and because you have replaced dysfunctional beliefs with your own new positive beliefs, positive change comes easily and naturally. This will start to reflect in your external life, you will begin to experience great changes for the better in many aspects of your life.
Some example affirmations:
- I allow abundance and prosperity into my life.
- Everything I want, is within me. Everything I seek, is within me. Everything I need, is within me.
- I am at peace
- I allow pleasure, sweetness, and sensuality into my life.
- I flow with the natural harmony of the universe and allow myself to accept all the good things it has to offer
- All is in Divine order and whatever happens will be just what I need
- I unconditionally love and approve of myself at all times.
- I am good enough to have what I want.
- I have an abundance of time, energy and money to do all I need and want to do