Solstice Blessings! Let’s celebrate the turning of the Sun!
Here in the Northern Hemisphere we are celebrating the wonderful Winter Solstice. The darkest day of the year – where the Sun ‘stands still’ in the sign of Capricorn, the world waits in darkness before the Light is reborn and the Sun reverses its cycle, bringing lighter and longer days again. In the Southern Hemisphere the opposite is the case.
This solar energy play is reminding us retreat within as we contemplate the close of 2015, to seek guidance from the perpetual inner light alighting the way for the New Year yet to come. This inner light you possess is ready to be reborn. Meditate on what it is you want to birth into 2016, what energy do you want to carry with you in to the New Year?
Read on for more about the energy meanings behind the Solstice *
Solstice – A Universal celebration of light. The sun is still, the longest day with the sun high and bright in the southern hemisphere and we feel the shortest day filled with the darkness of the winter in the north. The significance of the Solstice is that it is the turning point, a time where light stands still. (The Latin – sol (sun) and sistere (to stand still), because at the solstices, the Sun stands still in declination; that is, the seasonal movement of the Sun’s path (as seen from Earth) comes to a stop before reversing direction.)* Wikipedia
It is traditionally a day of celebration, celebrating the Sun’s birth as it pierces the darkest of days during winter in the Northern Hemisphere. Many ancient cultures (Christian, Druids and Egyptian) have marked and honoured this occasion, we read of the birth of sons (sun) that have embraced their Light and brought it to others – the Universal energy playing out in its many varying scales!
As you know, I love to remind you to check in with energy (everything is energy) and to celebrate and honour all that you are as part of that which is greater…..the larger play of energy that is part of us whether you realise it or not. This solar play of energy is a wonderful time of year to do just that- tune in! Not only do we have the Solstice, but we also have the Full Moon on the 25th Dec this year.
Ways to celebrate and honour:
- Sit in darkness even for a short 20 mins. Bath in the stillness of light and connect to it from within.
- Light a candle and gaze at it as a meditation – Trataka>> absorb the light of the candle, be that being of light.
- Set an intention to embrace and awaken to your light. To appreciate life and shine your bright self out in your own individual way! Like a lit up Christmas tree!
- Crystal Grids for recharging and energizing
- Simply sit in meditation and just be with this Universal Energy over the next week…. This year it is combined with a very magical Full Moon on the 25th Dec. Read about it on my blog.
- Also observe your dreams and extra sensory perception. With this energy alignment and stillness of the sun you can really become awake to the teachings of your intuition.
*This year the solstice occurs on Tuesday December 22nd at 04:49 GMT (Universal time) with the sun rising over Stonehenge in Wiltshire at 08:04.