Breathing is one of the greatest tools you have to stay calm and relaxed and keep adrenalin at bay whilst encouraging oxytocin and endorphin production. Breath is with you always.
Especially beneficial for labour, relaxes, focuses the mind, calms nerves
- Breathe in through the nose.
- Exhale from pursed lips and imagine a golden thread spinning across the room.
- Feel the thread lengthen across the room from the mouth with each out-breath.
- Keep the mouth, jaw and shoulders relaxed.
- Allow your mind to focus on the sound, feel and visualisation of this golden thread.
- Imagine a small soft feather between your thumb and index finger.
- Gently blow it away through pursed lips.
- Feel the cooling air through your lips on the exhalation.
- Repeat as desired until you feel calmer and body temperature cools.