I had a student ask about meditation. I know it can be a tough practice to start and keep up but sometimes having a track to listen to helps to create this good habit. This is a great track that has a rhythm to it. It is also a Brainwave Sync track – great for meditation. Brainwave-Sync – Om Mani Padme Hum – Chanting Meditation Audio (find it linked to Spotify)
I link my breath to each chant (Om Mani Padme Hum). Keep your breath at an equal ratio. For example 4:4, inhale for a count of 4, exhale for 4. Or on this track each chant is equal in length start with one chant per inhale and one for exhale. If you feel comfortable and have the strength in your lungs try two chants for each breath. E.g. INHALE Om Mani Padme Hum, Om Mani Padme Hum. EXHALE Om Mani Padme Hum, Om Mani Padme Hum.
Alternatively, use a Metronome as your count guide. Very handy 🙂
- To keep the tension away from your belly, shoulders and mouth. Listen to every breath, listen to the quality of your breath, the different compartments you breathe into – 3 part breath. Calm, full breathing. Use the full capacity of your lungs.
- Keep the spine upright, Sit in a dignified position
- Gaze internally to your 3rd eye/ pituitary gland/point between your eyebrows. OR gaze open eyed at a flame of a candle or a Yantra or Sacred Geometry.
- Keep phones or clocks away, and remove all distractions.
- Just do it. Make it a habit like brushing your teeth!